This section of our website is designed to ensure you have all the information you might need in preparation for your arrival at Keele and to make the most of your event.
Where is your meeting taking place? Please download one of our PDFs for more information.
Getting here by car
Keele is between Junctions 15 and 16 on the M6, and is just west of Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme. We are halfway between Manchester and Birmingham.
For SatNav users please use the University post code ST5 5BG
- From both Junction 15 or 16 you should head for Newcastle-under-Lyme. From Newcastle-under-Lyme follow signs for the A525 to Whitchurch; you will find the main entrance to the University on this road.
- From the north: Leave the M6 at Junction 16 signed the A500/Alton Towers.
- At the motorway roundabout turn right onto the A500 for Crewe and Nantwich. The University is signposted from here and the journey time via the A500/A531 and A525 is about 20 minutes.
- From the south: Leave the M6 at Junction 15 and follow the signs for the A519 into Newcastle-under-Lyme. The University is signed from the first roundabout.
- From the west: Follow signs for the A525
Getting here by rail
For national train times and enquiries go to: www.nationalrail.co.uk
The nearest railways stations to Keele are:
- Stoke-on-Trent (5 miles/8km)
- Crewe (12 miles/19km)
- Buses and taxis to Keele from Stoke:
- The number 25 bus leaves for Keele from a bus stop opposite Stoke station every 10-15 minutes during the day and less frequently in the evenings. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes.
- You can get a taxi from outside the station directly to the University for around £10 and the journey should take 15 -20 minutes.
Getting here by air
Manchester Airport is nearest to Keele and is about 35 miles (56km) away.
These are also within close proximity to Keele
- Birmingham International Airport
- East Midlands Airport
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport
If you require any assistance on how to get here please call 01782 734014.